Re: npf.conf tables | blocks of addresse

Hello,

Please keep me in CC, as I am not subscribed to this list.

Darrel <levitch%iglou.com@localhost> wrote:

> > I want for my hash file table to contain address blocks; e.g.,
> > 127.0.0.0/8
> >
> > <...>
>
> After running CIDR addresses like 127.0.0.0/8 through the 'whatmask'
> application and updating my IPv4 table to the netmask format; i.e.,
> 127.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 then npfctl loads my table.
>
> Which still leaves the problem of how to make a IPv6 table, since npf
> throws and error from ::1/128 or using prefixlen; e.g.,
>
> # npfctl reload
> /etc/npf.conf:12:39: cannot parse '::1 prefixlen 128
> ' (hostname nor servname provided, or not known) near '"/etc/tbl2"'

NPF hash-type tables support only hosts, they do not support address
blocks with masks.  You have to use tree-type tables for that.

I have committed various fixes for NPF tables in -current (pullup request
is pending or netbsd-6 as well).  Can you please try again?

--
Mindaugas