RE: pkg_add and ls not working

The installer creates fstab for you. I'm wondering if your path got
erased. Can you give us the output when you type the command "set"? The
important line is the one that starts with PATH=. Mine looks like this:

Letterman:/home/jmitchel$ set

PATH=/home/jmitchel/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R7/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/pkg/bin:/usr/pkg/sbin:/usr/games:/us

Jason M.