Re: Linux emulation: "Inappropriate file type or format" error

On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 09:45:13PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> Got it! Thanks. rsync option was what I got wrong. Will fix and report
> back whatever happens.

I just copied /dev that was already created in /usr/pkg/emul/linux to my
dump and now I am able to chroot to the full SuSe dump.

Eager to figure out what works and what not this way ..

Believe, whatever works, will be way faster than running Linux via
emulator.

BTW, also trying to get some Linux distro to work via qemu on NetBSD. So
far Fedora, Arch and SuSe ran into some problems when booting on qemu,
though Gentoo booted with no hiccups whatsoever. Of course, if SuSe
emulation serves my purpose, I won't be using qemu as it will be way too
slow as compared to NetBSD's Linux emulation.

Mayuresh.