kernel lockup on 6.0 beta2 on cardbus insertion on Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop

This is on a Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop which has cardbus problems already.

I have compiled the CARDBUS kernel which makes a lot more cardbus cards
work, those that used to cause a "panic: no cardbus on cardslot0".

Even with that kernel, plugging in a Netgear wpnt511 or a Belkin Pre-N card
causes a total silent lockup (no panic message or anything) which never

Please let me know how to help debug this?

John Refling

Possibly related: