Maintaining alternative OS: emulator vs linux emulation layer

I use NetBSD as a primary desktop OS. However there are a few areas where
I am still required to use an alternative OS such as usb printer and
scanner and few other applications not available on NetBSD.

At present I maintain two separate installations, though it's very
inconvenient to reboot to a different OS just for some small work.

My alternative OS is Arch Linux (if it matters). Wondering, whether it can
be run though qemu or any other emulator on NetBSD as a host. Point is,
will it be able to solve USB scanner/printer problems through this
arrangement.

Alternatively, is there a way to utilize Linux emulation layer that netBSD
has to meet such requirements?

Mayuresh.