Re: Delete key no longer works after update to 6.0_BETA2

On 1 Jun 2012 at 13:19, Julian Coleman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I tried with vt220 changed to pcvt25 and that seems to
> > have my delete key working.
>
> I'm not sure that I understand the underlying problem here.  There are four
> things to consider:
>
>   1) the key or sequence that is sent when the "delete" or "backspace" keys
>      are pressed
>
>   2) the terminal erase character (stty erase, used for command-line erase)
>
>   3) the termcap/terminfo entry (which describes the backspace and delete key
>      sequences (kb/kbs and kD/kdch1)
>
>   4) how the application determines the delete key sequence (tty settings,
>      termcap/terminfo, etc.)
>
> So, it would be nice to check all these.  It seems that 2) and 3) haven't
> changed (you mentioned stty erase ^?, and I looked at /usr/share/misc/termcap
> and /usr/share/misc/terminfo).  If you type:
>
>   echo <ctrl-V><delete> | vis
>
> what output do you see?  (<ctrl-V> is control-v, but control-6 for ksh)  I
> see:

From 'vi' the 'delete' on the 6 keys pad gives
"^? isn't a vi command"  same with netbsd-5.

'Delete' from numeric keypad tabs 1 character right
rather than erase of character under cursor.

There is no problem with backspace.

$ set | grep TERM               = same as NetBSD-5
TERM=vt220

$ echo ^[[3~ | vis    = same as NetBSD-5
\^[[3~

David