where is netbsd-INSTALL.gz?

http://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-5.1.2/i386/INSTALL.html says
there should be a file
pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-5.1.2/i386/binary/kernel/netbsd-INSTALL.gz, which it
says is the installation kernel.  No such file is to be found on
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org.  If that kernel has been discontinued, the
documentation is out of date.

It's been my habit in the past to grab the install kernel, boot it, and
upgrade by ftp.  I know there are other ways, but that's very
convenient on a machine already running NetBSD and possessing neither
floppy nor CD-ROM.

What is the suggested route nowadays?

--jkl