Re: Issuing ACPI call methods to disable NVIDIA Optimus card

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 05:44:29PM +0200, Bartek Krawczyk wrote:
> (https://github.com/mkottman/acpi_call) enables an interface to pass
> ACPI methods. Then when I issue
>
> echo '\_SB.PCI0.PEG1.GFX0._OFF' > /proc/acpi/call
>
> I'm disabling the nvidia card. Is something like that possible with
> NetBSD?

As far as ACPI goes, no. But you could patch the kernel with a small custom
module that provides a sysctl-knob for this (I can help). Besides ACPI
debugging purposes, I am not sure whether it is a good idea to provide such
interface in NetBSD generally. (Runtime ad-hoc writing to the firmware can
be hazardous.)

- Jukka.