Re: how to use the live image?

On 15 May 2012 22:43, Jeremy C. Reed <> wrote:
> I used the recent HEAD "live-image" target to create the 176 MB
> releasedir/amd64/installation/liveimage/amd64live.img.gz
> The docs say "The live image is suitable for use as a disk image in
> virtual machine environments such as QEMU ..."

I used the live image a few days ago (but on i386 -current), a USB
stick was written from the decompressed i386live.img.gz. It worked
fine booting an Asus Eee netbook (but I had to reinstall it - could
not figure out if it was possible to resize the 16GB stick, it was
showing only about 2 GB).

In my i386/installation/liveimage directory there is also
i386emu.img.gz, which I suspected was for use with QEMU - but I have
never tried it myself.