Re: Manually install man pages

On Sep 14,  2:33am, Robert Schmid wrote:
} On Apr 23, 2012, at 10:05 PM, John Nemeth wrote:
} > On Sep 13,  4:36pm, Robert Schmid wrote:
} > }
} > } I've just gotten a new netbsd virtual instance setup for me.  The man
} > } pages are incomplete.  I can't remotely run sys install so I've untarred
} > } the man pages into /tmp.  I can't seem to find instructions on how
} > } install these pages.  Can someone point me in the right direction?
} >
} >     All tarballs can be unpacked by doing something like:
} >
} > tar xvzpf X.tgz -C /
} >
} > Note:  Do not do this with etc.tgz or xetc.tgz.  For those, see
} > postinstall.
}
} So, effectively, just copy the files over.  I notice in the man.tgz file

     No, you should re-unpack the tarball using the above command; that
will make sure the files land in the right place with the right
permissions.

} there is an file /etc/mtree.  Is that something tar uses? - I've never

     That is a directory, not a file.  No.  But, it will be used by the
daily security scripts.

} noticed that file in /etc before.
}
}-- End of excerpt from Robert Schmid