Connection Link Aggregation

Hi,

We have very poor connectivity in our office. We have a satellite connection, but it is usually either very slow or simply does not work at all. DSL, ISDN, T1, and cable are not available and even cell phones don't work very well here. We are willing to invest in more phone lines and modems. I was wondering if the following setup is doable. I want to connect 4 to 8 modems to a machine running NetBSD and then bind them and set the machine as a gateway/router for the rest of our network. Can I bond them in such a way to achieve transfer rates of 224k or higher? Also, will this effect latency? I would really like less latency than what satellite offers.

Thanks,
Al