MacPPC -- NetBSD compatible usb to rs-232 adapter

I am looking to run a headless MAcPPC NetBSD box.
In order for this to work I obviously will need a USB to rs-232 adapter.
What is the latest guidance on this? Going through the mailing list
archives I see particular brands recommended. The FTDI brand stands
out. Should I just buy one of these? Can anyone say if any generic
adapter will work or not? Any other recommendations?