User with no write permission on device can play audio

I have set ownership of /dev/audio* and /dev/sound* /dev/hdaudio* to say
user1 with no rwx permission for group and other. (Don't know which of
audio*/hdaudio*/sound* matters. I have done it for all.)

Now as user2 - who has no permission of any kind on above devices, if I
play something using mplayer, it says permission denied. However if as
user2, I play something in firefox through flash plugin it plays the
sound.

This baffles me. How does flash plugin get the privileges to play sound
when permissions are as described above?

Mayuresh.