User with no write permission on device can play audio

I have set ownership of /dev/audio* and /dev/sound* /dev/hdaudio* to say
user1 with no rwx permission for group and other. (Don't know which of
audio*/hdaudio*/sound* matters. I have done it for all.)

Now as user2 - who has no permission of any kind on above devices, if I
play something using mplayer, it says permission denied. However if as
user2, I play something in firefox through flash plugin it plays the

This baffles me. How does flash plugin get the privileges to play sound
when permissions are as described above?