Re: NetBSD 6.0_BETA binaries available for testing

On 3/14/12 4:48 PM, Sad Clouds wrote:
On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 12:46:52 -0700 wrote:

On behalf of NetBSD developers, I'm happy to announce the
availability of a public beta of NetBSD 6.0, for your testing
Sorry, but it seems to be quite broken:

I have just downloaded i386 iso from:

Tried booting from CD, but as soon as the kernel loads, it displays the

vfs_mountroot: can't open root device
cannot mount root, error = 6
root device (default cd0a):

At this point if I hit Enter key, kernel goes into infinite loop
printing the following message:

uhci_idone: ii=0xc36482c0 is done!

On the same machine I can boot NetBSD-5.1.1 CD without any issues.

Any ideas?

I can't reproduce this problem. Can you send-pr with as many details about your setup as possible? It might be helpful to include a dmesg from the 5.1.1 CD that boots.