NetBSD 5.1.2 under Xen 4 HVM

I have a VPS provider that I've just built a NetBSD VM with that is
apparently running as a Xen 4 domU in an HVM configuration however I'm
seeing a large number of

  re0: watchdog timeout

messages at regular intervals (seems to be every 8sec or so) from the
kernel (along with associated network hiccup of around 1-2sec) ...

What is causing these, and how can I fix the problem? I don't know the
exact version of Xen but can find out if that's necessary.

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left