(Almost) Unmoveable mouse - 6.0_BETA

Hello!

I have installed NetBSD 6.0_BETA on an old i386 laptop that has mouse pad
and a trackpoint and when I run X I get the mouse constantly at the left
down corner of the screen. If I try to move it, it is pushed back there,
making the mouse useless. It also happens if I plug an usb mouse device.

I remember I had a similar issue on linux that was fixed by disabling a
module or (I don't remember properly) installing xf86-input-mouse (or
xf86-input-synaptics). The problem is I can't run modular xorg (i.e. xorg
from pkgsrc), because I need a video card patch that only works with native
xorg. So I can't install and test the above package.

No other errors were found until now.

21 (arthur@zion) ~ (0)% dmesg |grep mouse
wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0
wsmouse2 at ums1 mux 0
wsmouse2: detached  ## usb mouse was unplugged

22 (arthur@zion) ~ (0)% uname -a
NetBSD zion 6.0_BETA NetBSD 6.0_BETA (GENERIC) i386

I would appreciate any help to fix this strange behaviour. Thanks in
advance.
Arthur

PS: I was in doubt if 6.0_BETA issues should be posted here or in
current-users, but as this is a 6.0 and not 6.99 question I thought here
would be better.