Re: Are dk wedges the only way to access GPT partitions?

On Jun 21,  1:27pm, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
} On 29 January 2012 08:08, John Nemeth <jnemeth%victoria.tc.ca@localhost>
wrote:
} > On Jun 20, =A09:20pm, "Thomas Mueller" wrote:
}
} This is just personal preference, I was bitten recently bitten by the
} FreeBSD change in device naming when I had to switch to PV mode.
}
} > }
} > } I don't know how other OSes (Mac OS X, MS-Windows, any other?) name
} > } GPT partitions.
} >
} > =A0 =A0 I would expect MS Windows to continue using letters.
}
} Not really. You can mount a partition on a folder or use it without a
} mount point.
} On one of W2k8R2 servers I use:

     I seem to recall old DOS versions having a JOIN command that was
supposed to do this.  I also seem to recall complaints about it not
working very well.  I never bothered with it.  Also, I realise that you
can access things using a UNC path.

} .....
} C:\Users\ci>diskpart

[snip]

     Sounds like Windows has joined the modern era.  Although I'm
reasonably capable of working with Windows (and often get calls from
computer savvy friends to help understand or fix things) I haven't kept
up with all the changes.

}-- End of excerpt from Chavdar Ivanov