Re: NetBSD 5.1.1 release? ext2fs support?

My original post:

) I follow http://releng.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/builds.cgi , and I notice NetBSD
5,1,1 release was being built.

) Now I find NetBSD 5.1.1 on ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD .

) Question is whether this new release includes the update for Linux ext2fs
where inode size > 128.

) I know this update went into HEAD and netbsd-5 (stable branch), but didn't
find any reference to ext2 or ext2fs when I browsed the changes for NetBSD
5.1.1 release, using the browser search function on ext2.

) If this release lacks support for ext2fs with inode size 256, it would be a
downgrade for me!

Matthias Scheler <tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost> responded:

> I'm afraid it doesn't. NetBSD 5.1.1 is NetBSD 5.1 with critical bug-fixes.
> Improved ext2fs support is a new feature.

> I would suggest that you use a "netbsd-5" branch snapshot. That is what
> I'm using on my "production" servers as well.

I agree!  Either netbsd-5 or HEAD, whichever works better.

I thought NetBSD 5.1.1 would not include the improved ext2fs support, but was
just making sure.

I assume critical bug fixes from 5.1 to 5.1.1 would also be in netbsd-5 (NetBSD
5.1_STABLE).

I intend to build from source, skipping xorg.src in favor of modular Xorg from
pkgsrc.

Tom