Re: configuring QEMU guest networking

Hello,

I usually run QEMU with

    -net user -net nic,model=rtl8139

and the guest NetBSD works fine with the network (just need to run dhclient after boot).

Dmitry

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 11:39:28 -0600, Russ Campbell wrote:
postnet%dragas.dyndns.org@localhost (Stefano Marinelli) writes:

As far as I remember (and have observed), qemu 0.13.x in pkgsrc is not working
correctly with NetBSD guests and networking.

It works for me with:

       qemu ... -net tap,fd=3 3<>/dev/tap0 -net nic

                               Michael van Elst

When I try this I get an error saying "Missing name for redirect."