Re: sdhc and power management

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 10:08:58PM -0700, Brook Milligan wrote:
> I am noticing that my Thinkpad X61 will not sleep, apparently because
> the sdhc driver is not recognized as having power management.  The
> command that should put it to sleep is:
>
>      # sysctl -w machdep.sleep_state=3
>      machdep.sleep_state: 0 -> 3
>
> but immediately afterward
>
>      # sysctl machdep.sleep_state
>      machdep.sleep_state = 0
>
> The logs have the following messages, the first set during boot and
> the second in response to the first command above:
>
>     /netbsd: sdhc0 at pci3 dev 0 function 2: vendor 0x1180 product 0x0822
> (rev. 0x21)
>     /netbsd: sdhc0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 18
>     /netbsd: sdhc0: couldn't map register
>     /netbsd: acpi0: entering state 3
>     /netbsd: Devices without power management support: sdhc0
>     /netbsd:
>     /netbsd: acpi0: aborting suspend
>
> Is this a known problem with sdhc? With the Thinkpad? Any suggestions
> on how to debug this?

The device should be removed from the device tree when the driver fails
to attach.  Instead, a zombie device hangs around without any power
management hooks.

It's funny that the driver fails in that way to attach.  What does
'pcictl pci0 dump -b 3 -d 0 -f 2' say about it?

Dave

--
David Young
dyoung%pobox.com@localhost    Urbana, IL    (217) 721-9981