Re: poor raid5 performance with mfi0

At 7:10 Uhr -0500 30.11.2011, Greg Troxel wrote:

[RAID-5 on LSI RAID controller]

>Any words of wisdom to do something else?

Controller set up for write-back, and battery backed cache RAM?

WHat are your block sizes? How are th epartitions aligned?

On my desk a testbed machine is howling away with a MegaRAID 320 RAID-5,
because our NFS server has similar issues, and the LSI documentation is
completely worthless when it comes to planning your setup.

        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281