Re: No response to XDMCP queries using modular X.org xdm

Quoting Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> (Sun, 6 Nov 2011 21:38:09 +0100):

> On Sat 05 Nov 2011 at 22:52:15 +0000, Brian Morley wrote:
> > I'm beginning to wonder if there is some kind of packet filtering at
> > work
>
> You could also check if X is started with an option like "-nolisten
> tcp". I'm not sure if/how NetBSD would set that option (I've changed
> my settings too long ago to remember) but I think I've seen it
> recently on some Linux box.

One way of doing that is by setting the serverargs variable
in /usr/X11R7/bin/startx (which I do systematically).  Of course this
only works if you start X with startx; other measures are presumably
required if you use xdm or one of its modern replacements.

--
Ian D. Leroux