Re: Questions about NetBSD and virtual networks

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 10:39:37PM +0100, Ib-Michael Martinsen wrote:

> I would like my virtual servers to run on a dedicated network
> different from my ordinary LAN network.

I understood this, but what is the reason for it?

> So to setup a physical LAN and one or more virtual LANs on a single
> host, you will have to use NAT to enable the VLAN servers to access
> the host gateway (and the internet)?

In your case, the host system is always reachable. And to make guests on
the virtual LANs use the internet connection, you need to make them appear
on the physical LAN. This could be done by an extra NAT on the host,
but that just complicates things.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst