Re: netbsd on lenovo T410s

schrieb bch%methodlogic.net@localhost:
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:14:38PM +0200, sake wrote:
hello,

I've installed netbsd 5.1 onto a Lenovo T410s. It seems to work fine
but the wifi card isn't found by the system.
The card is an Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 which (I think) is
supported by the iwn network driver which is already in the GENERIC
kernel. dmesg shows an entry for a network card "not configured"

i did work/testing (w/ sverre) to get this running on -current about a
year ago. It now works fine. if it's not avail. in 5.x you  ould move
to -current,or request the changes be backported. Best of luck wbatever
route you take!

So how do I get netbsd to configure the card an make it usable?

thanks in advance
sake.

hello,
I saw a similar thread "installing NetBSD/amd64-current on a ThinkPad X201" and was hoping that needed changes had found there way into 5.1. release. I found nothing else on the subject.

So does it work with current out of the box or is a firmware (reverse engineered) needed?

thanks
Sake