RE: modular Xorg and recent laptop (switchable graphics)

I'm using this xorg.conf, and Intel is the only card that works:

 Section "ServerLayout"
 Identifier     "X.org Configured"
 Screen      0  "IGPScreen" 0 0
# Screen      1  "AMDScreen" RightOf "IGPScreen"
 InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
 Option        "IsolateDevice" "PCI:0:2:0"
 Option        "SingleCard"    "True"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
 Identifier   "IGPMonitor"
 VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
 ModelName    "Monitor Model"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
 Identifier   "AMDMonitor"
 VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
 ModelName    "Monitor Model"
 Option      "Ignore" "True"
EndSection

Section "Device"
 Identifier  "IGP"
 Driver      "vesa"
 VendorName  "X.Org Foundation"
 BoardName   "Unknown Board"
 BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
 Screen     0
EndSection

Section "Device"
 Identifier  "AMD"
 Driver      "radeonhd"
 VendorName  "AMD GPG"
 BoardName   "Unknown Board"
 BusID       "PCI:1@1:0:0"
 Screen     1
EndSection

Section "Screen"
 Identifier "IGPScreen"
 Device     "IGP"
 Monitor    "IGPMonitor"
 SubSection "Display"
  Viewport   0 0
  Depth     24
 EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
 Identifier "AMDScreen"
 Device     "AMD"
 Monitor    "AMDMonitor"
 SubSection "Display"
  Viewport   0 0
  Depth     24
 EndSubSection
EndSection

Anyway, interesting info in http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Switchable_Graphics.

I'll keep an eye on it (if i have a time).

Cheers