Re: Swap size for servers with several GB of RAM

Hi,

> In the old days, there was a rule to set the swap space twice the size
> of the RAM.
I heard of other rules, from half the size through twice the size or even
more.

> Does this rule still make sens with modern hardware?
> For example, how many GB should be dedicated to swap when the server has
> 32GB of RAM ?
I think, nowadays that depends solely on the server and the applications and
their scale running on it.
Anyway, if you want to have crashdumps, you should also have at least 32GB (if
you use that partition for saving them).

Regards, Julian