Re: development packages from pkgsrc

On 2011/8/22 21:48, matthew sporleder wrote:
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 4:37 AM, H Xu<xusubsc%gmail.com@localhost>  wrote:
Hello,

Does pkgsrc provide any devlopment packages(including headers, link
libraries, etc.) for python, sqlite, etc? When I want to build something
depending on libraries other than the standard library, I found it I always
need to download the source package from the official website.

Any ideas?

pkgsrc, for the most part, doesn't split packages up into foo and
foo-dev like RHEL does.

Can you give an example of where a build has required you to download
the source manually?

I've tested two packages.

The first one is when I want to build vim with python support, I found that the "configure" could not detect python development files.

The second one is used by my program, which requires sqlite3. sqlite3 development files could not be detected by this script:
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_lib_sqlite3.html

Thanks for your warm help.

Regards,
H Xu