Xen

Hello,

In an earlier post I asked about why people like NetBSD and one person mentioned Xen. Since then I've been browsing the mail archives and I've seen Xen come up a few times. I'm going to ask a question that might be tremendously stupid, but if I don't ask I'll never learn:

Isn't Xen just a virtual machine like QEMU, VirtualBox, etc? What makes Xen special that people here talk about it while they don't talk about QEMU and VirtualBox?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--