Re: Adding PHY driver to 5.1 release

          I just installed 5.1 release (i386) on a system, but I'm
  having trouble talking to my Intel NICs.  This is what dmesg has to
  say about one of them:

  wm0 at pci1 dev 4 function 0: Intel i82541PI 1000BASE-T Ethernet, rev. 5
  [snip]

Make a -current install cd, and boot it (but don't install).
In the utility menu, try to use the interface (ifconfig/ping ?).
If it works, or if not, run dmesg and compare to 5.1.
That will probably provide a clue as to what to backport.

You can also read the cvs commit logs for igphy.c