Re: lshw for netbsd ?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:47:51AM +0200, feralert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new on the list and new to NetBSD too, so hi everyone! and please
> excuse the 'simplicity' of my questions.

Hi and welcome!

> >From now on I have to administer a few NetBSD servers which are not
> based on my location. I'm trying to make an inventory of them and for
> this purpose I'd like to find out what hardware they run under and I'm
> looking for something similar to the lshw command found in every linux
> distro out there. Is there something similar for NetBSD?

I'm not sure what lshw does ;-)
but I guess for a start you may want to look at the kernel output, via
the "dmesg" program, or the file /var/run/dmesg.boot (which is just the
output of dmesg, captured early after boot).

Another thing to try is:

   pcictl list pci0

(repeat for more pci* probably)

Martin