axe not sending any frames

Hi!

I have a USB ethernet adapter using the axe driver, identifying itself as ASIX
Electronics AX88178 USB 2.0 10/100 Ethernet adapter, rev 2.00/0.01. However, it
does not seem to be able to send any data. Running tcpdump on it, I can see all
the broadcasts on the net. It also shows the packets I am sending. However,
another machine on the network can't see *ANY* of the packets the tcpdump on
the machine with axe0 claims to send. tcpdump on it shows it, but it is never
seen by the other machines (and yes, I am sending broadcasts). I even tried
connecting two PCs directly: The axe0 seems to receive all packets, but the
other end does not.

I also got USB watchdog errors sometimes when I was running tcpdump and trying
to get a DHCP lease at the same time.

The NetBSD kernel I am using was built 2011-06-09, on x86.

Any ideas?

--
Jonathan