Re: 5.1 installation on Alix 2D13

Andy Ruhl wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Ron McDowell <rcm%fuzzwad.org@localhost>
> wrote:
>
>> dd if=/dev/zero of=cf.img bs=512 count=3906560
>> vnconfig vnd0 cf.img
>> dd if=cf.img of=/dev/sd0d bs=4k progress=25
>>

> Is there any particular reason why you are doing this instead of just
> writing to the CF card directly? I'm not sure it would matter, but
> then again I've never had a problem like this when booting from flash
> media when I just treat it like a "real" disk.
>
> Andy

Thanks, Andy.  Believe it or not, that was it.  I was following the
cookbook without thinking of the process.  Using sd0 as the device
instead of the .img file not only *just worked*, but also I was finished
in 15 minutes instead of 4 hours of dd-ing 2gb worth of nulls to an
empty CF.   Alixbox now lives!  :)

--
Ron McDowell
San Antonio TX