Re: Looking for suggestions for small, low power machine

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 09:01:38AM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Manuel Bouyer
> <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> > AFAIK the xcore86 is a Vortex86MX. I have two boards based on the
> > Vortex86 (one of them looking a lot like the JRMX above - so close that it's
> > probably the same), -current runs fine on it (including hd controller and
> > ethernet). I couldn't het the SD card reader to work (but even the BIOS
> > can't handle it, it seems).
>
> Thanks Manuel.
>
> How are you booting it if the SD card doesn't work? I was hoping to
> boot from SD, but USB would be fine too. Just one less USB port for
> other stuff.

From SATA drive (a SATA SSD, actually).

It may be that my SD card was faultly when I tried this (the BIOS would
hang on it). I think the IDE driver should support the IDE controller
in SD mode (or should close), so if you can find a SD that actually works
with the BIOS it may be an option.