Re: Pathological RAIDframe rebuild times

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:09:21AM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2011, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> >On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 11:33:12AM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> >>I've a couple of HP Microservers, both with 4x WD Caviar Green 2TB
> >>drives.
> >
> >Are these drivers with 4KB blocks?
> Yes.

Do they have a "Windows compatibility" jumper? A lot of 4GB hard disks
have a jumper which basically hides the first sector. With Windows XP
standard behaviour of starting the partition a sector 63 you end up
with proper alignment.

If you however align things properly yourself and the jumper is set
you actually achieve the opposite effect.

        Kind regards

Matthias Scheler