Re: Difference in implementation of Linux implementation or bug (ICAclient)?

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:37:29PM +0100, Tomas Bodzar wrote:
> Yes, this will be running for sure. Maybe my words were not so well
> used as I was asking mainly because to know what's the difference
> between those two implementations regarding detection of needed
> libraries as on one OS was able to detected those automatically
> without intervention.
>
> I'm not saying that one is better and second one not. Just thought
> that those Linux emulation layers in BSD systems are closely related
> and that difference is mainly in distribution of Linux used for needed
> libraries and apps.

Here's a general question. My understanding is that the default executable
format on NetBSD is ELF. If that is indeed accurate, then why aren't Linux
executables directly compatible with NetBSD (especially if the same libraries
are present)?

--
Christopher Berardi
http://www.natoufa.com/

Be still, and know that I am God (Psalms 46:10)