How to turn off the default shell highlighting?

Hi!

I'm new to NetBSD. The default shell has a brown/orange highlighting color
scheme, which can be seen in man pages and vim. I just want to change
the color scheme
so that my highlighting settings in vim could work.

I searched this on Google, someone said that modifying
/usr/share/misc/termcap
by removing :ue=\E[24m and :us=\E[4m in the line beginning with "vt220",
and then run
$ cap_mkdb termcap
to generate a new termcap.db, but this seems not work.

Anyone can help me?

--
Peng Jing