Re: install kernel modules

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 09:35:01AM +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I compiled a kernel (actually, I already had one, I updated cvs source
> and recompiled).

Not quite what you asked for, but for the archives: if you compile your
own kernel, the easiest way out is to base it on a kernel that will work
without any modules.

Most architectures get this right and provide a reasonable GENERIC
kernel, i386 is the big outsider and has a crippled GENERIC kernel -
look at the MONOLITHIC kernel as reference for your own kernel there.
(There are way more reasonable variants "in between", but if you just
want to get it going, there is no need to go into details here.)

Martin