Re: i386 home firewall/router/nat bottleneck diagnostics?

Selon yancm%sdf.lonestar.org@localhost:

> > 2) build pkgsrc/graphics/xplot, and use tcpdump2xplot to examine tcp's
> > behavior.  This is not that easy, but it's the best way to really
> > understand what's going on.
>
> At the moment I do not have X set up. This box sits in a corner
> with an old 10" monochrome CRT on top for when I can't ssh/putty
> into it.

That's ok. man tcpdump2xplot says:

DESCRIPTION

     tcpdump2xplot takes the output of
           tcpdump -tt -S ...
     and plots it in terms of sequence-number versus time, with other info
     displayed (e.g., the TCP window, acks, etc.).

Regards,

--
Etienne