Re: Error trying to build NetBSD 5.1

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:01 +0100, "Jonathan Schleifer"
<js-netbsd-users%webkeks.org@localhost> wrote:
> After two advisories were released today, I wanted to update my NetBSD
> installation like described in [1]. I did this many times before and
> it always worked. However, today, I got this error:
>
> =======  66 extra files in DESTDIR  =========Files in DESTDIR but
> =======  missing
> from flist.File is obsolete or flist is out of date
> ?------------------------------------------
> ./stand/amd64/5.1./stand/amd64/5.1/modules
> ./stand/amd64/5.1/modules/adosfs
> ./stand/amd64/5.1/modules/adosfs/adosfs.kmod [...]
> ./stand/amd64/5.1/modules/union
> ./stand/amd64/5.1/modules/union/union.kmod
> =========  end of 66 extra files  ===========
>
> So, it seems I have more files than I should. Kernelmodules, it
> seems. However, this does not make any sense: I built the userland,
> not the kernel.

They could be leftover from an earlier build (did you reuse files, e.g.
with the -u option to ./build.sh?), in which case a clean build should
fix it.  It could also be that the flist (the master list of files which
the build process expects to find after a successful build) is out of
date, in which case one of the developers will usually commit a fix in
short order.

Ian Leroux