Re: new desktop user - xinerama

from "Larson, Timothy E." <TELarson%west.com@localhost>:

> I'm new to NetBSD on the desktop. I'm using 5.1 on a Dell Optiplex 760. How
> do I enable Xinerama support?

I think you have to go to pkgsrc, find and build xinerama, or x11/xineramaproto

First, if you haven't already done so, you need to download pkgsrc.

NetBSD online documentation has a pkgsrc guide that you can view that tells,
among other things, how to get pkgsrc for the first time, and how to update.

I find I don't have this on my NetBSD installation, think something like it
must be in my FreeBSD installation, but can't read it now.

I didn't build and install xinerama explicitly in FreeBSD, but it was included
from options and dependencies.

Neither Linux nor NetBSD can read a FreeBSD disklabel/bsdlabel.

Tom