NetBSD with a default gateway on a different subnet

Hi,

I'm trying to get NetBSD running as a domU on a Debian dom0 now, and I'm having difficulty getting the NetBSD network interface working.

The rather special setup that my hoster provides has a failover IP that is supposed to be used with a 255.255.255.255 mask and a specific virtual MAC, and which is on a different subnet than the physical machine for the virtual machines. This means tweaking the routing. On a linux domU, this works :

route add -host default_gateway_of_dom0 dev eth0
route add default gw default_gateway_of_dom0

but looking at the NetBSD FAQ and a bit of googling I came up with the following :

route add -host default_gateway_of_domO -link xennet0 -iface
route add default -ifa domU_ip default_gateway_of_dom0

which doesn't work - I can't ping the gateway.

I realise the setup is a little strange, and I first suspected the bridging on my dom0, but the linux domU served to confirm that that part (at least!) I seem to have got right :) I could so no other particular difference, other than the broadcast address which defaulted to WWW.255.255.255 on linux and to WWW.XXX.YYY.ZZZ on NetBSD. I tried setting broadcast to WWW.255.255.255 on NetBSD, but that seemed to make no difference.

Any help or ideas are most welcome,

Thanks,

Philip