Re: no_sa_support Operation not permitted

> On 4 Feb 2011, at 13:26, Volker Wolfram wrote:
>> after building a new kernel to get an USB scanner work, this messages
>> comes up at
>> setting the sysctl variables at startup of my laptop.
>>
>> no_sa_support failed Operation not permitted.
>
> Nothing. The default "/etc/sysctl.conf" tries to switch of SA (Scheduler
> Activations == thread support in NetBSD 4.0 and older) which apparently
> fails
> because your kernel doesn't support SA in the first place.

I don't disagree with the theory, but I see the same error IMMEDIATELY
after the kernel starts (like at the bootloader handoff time), well before
sysctl.conf is read, and my /etc/sysctl.conf (incidentally, still the
2000/04/15 version) doesn't have any mention of SA in it.

Methinks something else snuck into the kernel which is inadvertently
touching this sysctl.  No idea what, but this behavior started sometime
after September of last year (for me at least...not sure what Volker is
seeing).