RE: SNMP control of switches on NetBSD?

> Has any NetBSD user had any luck controlling 3Com and
> Cisco/Linksys switches via SNMP,

Very few MIBs are writable in the Cisco IOS Mibs on Catalysts; the most
useful one is the TFTP remote destination address value as well as the
companion boolean, which, when snmp-SET to 1, triggers the TFTP or SCP
client on the system to execute a file transfer.

In this example, one would periodically back up your the into a TFTP where
SVN or CVS is waiting for it.

I suppose you could also change the VLAN assignments and port descriptions
using TFTP as well, just be sure the interface indexes don't change if you
add new line cards to your chassis.

~BAS

NOTE: If this message is screwy, please excuse me; I'm testing an
MUA+AntiSpam solution for a client.