Re: your mail

Am Mittwoch 19 Januar 2011, 14:54:51 schrieben Sie:
> We use the pnp2nagios plugin at work for this, which can visualize any
> data gathered by plugins.
yes - this makes sense.

But for collecting BW stats only this might be a little bit oversized as the
most power nagios brings up within it's monitoring features and functionality
which seems unbeaten within the opern source world at the time ;).

> This goes from simple ping time graphs over
> system and database load to snmp interface data. Of course this assumes
> that you have the right plugins installed for Nagios, too. It's
> unfortunately nothing that works out of the box^W^Wpkgsrc.
configuring SNMP within Nagios is afaik not a simple issue especially for
Nagios beginners or someone who just want to measure / graph BW (additionally
the resolution is limited to the usual check timespans of nagios)...

But yes - nagios is really nice ;)

  Niels Dettenbach
  Syndicat IT&Internet
  T.-Muentzer.-Str. 2, 37308 Heilbad Heiligenstadt - DE
  PGP public key ID 651CA20D
  Fingerprint: 55E0 4DCD B04C 4A49 1586  88AE 54DC 4465 651C A20D