[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
AW: Monitoring bandwidth utilization with/on NetBSD
depending from your needs you make take a look at the following apps:
- darkstat (very simple standalone BW grapher with standalone web GUI)
- ntop (more complex then darkstat)
Both are able to measure BW even on IP base.
With NTOP it should be possible to install it on the gateway host to realize a
complex network statistics for your LAN.
NTOP may affect network performance if running i.e. at the gateway.
If you want a central monitoring instead for your distributed machines on the
LAN (by machine and/or machine interface) you may:
- install SNMP on that boxes / system you want to monitor
* CACTI (a comfortable RRDtool / MRTG frontend - web frontend)
* Zabbix (a complete monitoring suite - web frontend)
Both of these solutions could be found in professional or enterprise networks
too - but with SNMP you are usually not able to measure BW on a IP base - this
is typically done by network interface.
Cacti and Zabbix allow multi user access - so you are able to provide access
i.e. a web GUI to monitoring parameters / graphs to different users.
Beside SNMP Zabbix allows monitoring by his own agent too if installed on the
Internet & Open Source
Main Index |
Thread Index |