Re: ralink wireless (run/rt2870)

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, Ricky Thomson wrote:
Hello, i am interested in installing NetBSD onto my main desktop
computer, the one thing stopping me is that i cannot find "if" there is
a working module/driver for the Ralink based chipsets of wireless
dongles.

I cannot connect the computer via ethernet so i "need" a wireless
connection after the install, the specific dongle i have is:

Belkin Components F5D8053 N Wireless USB Adapter v1000/v4000

This works beautifully on Linux with the "rt2870sta" module, and also
under FreeBSD which it uses the "run" module.

You might like to take a look at:
http://www.naobsd.org/wifi/

if_run works fine on netbsd-5 (warning - the usbdevs fragments are messy), but I've not got it to work on -current yet.

--
Stephen