Mac and NetBSD compatible usb to serial rs-232 (was: which serial-to-usb devices do you use?)

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:06 AM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
wrote:
>> To the average user, I'd recommend uplcom(4).  They are easy to get a
>> hold of and have (for the most part) just worked for quite a while.
>>
>> I've also had good experience with uftdi(4), but I have 10 times as
>> many uplcoms.
>
> I agree with both points too (same here, lots of uplcom, some uftdi, all
> working).

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these devices on both
NetBSD and Mac OSX? I've been looking around at devices listed in the
above man pages, and some of them claim Mac support but I'd rather
hear from someone who has used one with a Mac first.

Thanks!

Andy