Re: NetBSD bootloader randomly boots wrong kernel

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 19:38:28 +0100
Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 06:22:09PM +0000, Sad Clouds wrote:
> > There is no error message, the only visible clue I get is different
> > dmesg from kernel when bootloader loads /netbsd.old
>
> Have you verified (i.e. with uname -a) that the old kernel is actually
> running and you are not only confused due to persistent message buffer
> and reboots after installing a new kernel?
>
> Martin

You might be right, I think I confused myself, because I copied the wrong
section of log file. It could explain why things were playing up if the wrong
kernel was loaded, but now I'm at a loss.

I'm trying to figure out why sometimes my machine enters a super slow mode,
i.e. things that require fraction of a second to execute, take 20-30 seconds.

I'm going to clear all my logs, start from the beginning and send another
message to the list when I have more information.

Thanks.