Re: System-wide PATH

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010, IT geek 31 wrote:

Hi,

I need to modify the system-wide PATH, mainly to ensure /usr/pkg/bin
and /usr/pkg/sbin are used first.

Where do I do this?  I STFW'd and came up with nothing conclusive :-(

on some systems, the shells are configured to use a system initialization
file (usually under /etc).  Looks like NetBSD isn't one of those - all
of the relevant files that I see under /etc are setting PATH explicitly
and not designed for reuse.  The closest would be the tweak for local
paths in /etc/defaults/rc.conf

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net