Re: System-wide PATH

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 3:08 PM, IT geek 31 <>
> Hi,
> I need to modify the system-wide PATH, mainly to ensure /usr/pkg/bin
> and /usr/pkg/sbin are used first.
> Where do I do this?  I STFW'd and came up with nothing conclusive :-(
> Many thanks

For sh and ksh you might want to do a few things:

Make your system-wide changes to /etc/profile

Then check in /etc/skel/.profile because by default it has
which overrides stuff in /etc/profile.

You might want to change that to:

Any users created would get ~/.profile from /etc/skel.

For csh it's /etc/csh.cshrc and then /etc/skel/.cshrc, etc.